Cristo Rey Network
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is the founding school of the Cristo Rey Network. With a new approach to inner-city education, the Cristo Rey Network has changed the landscape for low-income students in major urban markets nationwide. As the largest network of independent high schools in the country serving exclusively low-income youth, the Cristo Rey Network empowers students from underserved communities to develop their minds and become lifelong contributors to society. This coming year, 30 Catholic, Cristo Rey Network high schools will provide more than 9,800 high school students an extraordinary college preparatory education that will equip them with the skills they need to succeed in college and the workplace.
To provide the foundation for student success in college and beyond, the Cristo Rey Network national office provides critical start-up and ongoing support services to existing schools and facilitates new school growth. The national office ensures the quality of these schools through various efforts, including:
- Academic excellence through curriculum development and implementation
- Teacher and Principal effectiveness and professional development
- University Partnerships and Alumni Tracking
- Mission effectiveness through data analysis and “hands-on” school visits
- Scaling of evidence-based practices across the national Cristo Rey Network and education reform sector
- Increasing school size and number of schools to serve more low-income students
To learn more about the Cristo Rey Network and to become part of our movement to change urban education, please visit their website at http://www.cristoreynetwork.org/.