Cristo Rey Jesuit High School

Español

Dual-Language Program

Dual-Language Program

Cristo Rey's dual-language program, which promotes proficiency in both Spanish and English, is a cornerstone of the academic program.Upon graduation from Cristo Rey, students are proficient in both Spanish and English languages.
 
The program requires that about 30 percent of a student’s classes be taught entirely in Spanish. That includes several religion, history and literature courses throughout the student’s time at Cristo Rey. The remaining 70 percent of the coursework is taught in English. In addition to core courses taken in Spanish, all students must take Spanish language and literature courses. At the end of junior year, every student takes the AP Spanish Language and Culture exam. In 2017, 97% of the junior class scored a 3 or better. At the end of their senior year, students take the Advanced Placement Spanish Literature and Culture exam. In 2015, 86% of the seniors – well above the national average – passed with a score of 3 or higher.