Lavelle Library Media Center
¡Bienvenidos a nuestra Biblioteca!
Monday thru Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Saturday (except holiday weekends and summers)
from 9:00 a.m.
to 12:00 p.m.
The mission of the library is the following:
- Establish a supportive environment for individual and group exploration of ideas.
- Provide vast print and non-print resources to enrich library users.
- Support the curriculum of the school.
- Instruct students how to access, evaluate and utilize information.
- Develop programs and services for the Cristo Rey community.
The library has 12,000+ books, 500+ DVD’s and audiobooks, 40 print magazines / newspapers, 10 online research tools, 6 eReaders, a lab with 30 computers, kiosk computer workstations, 3 study rooms, and seating for 50. Most items circulate for 2 weeks, and can be renewed.
- The library is a quiet study zone; loud noise is not allowed.
- No food, drink, cell phones, or electronic devices.
- All school rules are enforced in the library.
- Please do not re-shelve books; we have carts for this.
- Students may use the library before and after school, or with permission during asesoria. During class hours students must have a pass.
- Please put chairs and garbage where they belong!
Mrs. Posadas is the assistant librarian.
The library subscribes to several online tools that assist with research and learning. This is our virtual library, and these items are available 24/7. All of the tools are listed in our internal web pages at www.cristeros.net. Please look for the tab for ‘Lavelle Library’ in www.cristeros.net, or use the links below.
Delivered via the internet, the tools include reference works for background information; magazines, newspapers and journals for current research; audio, visual, images, e-books and other multimedia sources. They are updated on a regular basis and the information comes from authoritative sources. We also subscribe to the bibliography tool NoodleBib. If you are outside of the school building, you may need to enter an ID/or password for some tools. See Mrs. Posadas to obtain ID’s and passwords.