Thank you for your interest in employment at Cristo Rey Jesuit High School. Cristo Rey is committed to diversity, open and honest hiring practices, justice in compensation and benefits, treating each person with respect and dignity, providing appropriate assistance in each person’s growth and spiritual development, and acting as a just steward of the resources entrusted to us.
In accordance with the regulations of the State of Illinois and the Archdiocese of Chicago, Cristo Rey conducts background checks on all employees, contractors and volunteers. In accordance with the regulations of the State of Illinois, all new employees will also be required to submit fingerprints.
Cristo Rey provides equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ethnicity, ancestry, military status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable law.
- Manager, Tuition & Financial Aid and Accounts Payable
- Manager, Student Training and Development (CWSP)
- High School Teacher, Mathematics
- Jesuit Volunteers
Job Title: Manager, Tuition & Financial Aid and Accounts Payable
Reports to: Vice President, Finance
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, a Jesuit, college-preparatory, co-educational school for grades 9-12 seeks a Manager of Tuition and Accounts Payable. Reporting to the VP for Finance (CFO), this Manager will be responsible for overseeing all accounting activities related to Tuition & Financial Aid and Accounts Payable for the school. A cornerstone of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is its Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). Through partnerships with almost 200 companies/organizations in the Chicagoland area, students work one day per week in an office environment. This educational model enables students to develop career readiness/leadership skills, cultivate a professional network, add real business value, and support the cost to attend a private, college-preparatory, Catholic high school.
The Manager of Tuition & Financial Aid and Accounts Payable plays an integral part in our engagement with Cristo Rey families. This person will develop rapport and communicate with our families on matter of tuition charges, financial aid awards and other financial matters. Additionally, this role also supports the entire school by managing our accounts payable process.
The ideal candidate will be motivated by the Catholic/Christian/Jesuit mission of Cristo Rey and its impact on our students, families, and the Chicagoland area. They will bring strong communications skills and will be fluent in Spanish.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Tuition & Financial Aid
- Manage the financial aid process by developing communication and facilitating the application process for parents.
- Review all financial aid request and supplementary documentation for completeness. Analysis of financial aid requests including recommendations for financial aid awards.
- Maintain communication with parents at all stages of the financial aid process up to and including the communication of decision of financial aid award.
- Manage student accounts in AdminPlus system including the entering tuition related charges, scholarship data and financial aid award data.
- Record tuition payments and manage outstanding tuition balances including the mailing of monthly statements and phone calls with parents.
- Manage the student Ventra transit card program.
- Respond timely to parent inquiries received via phone, email or in person as applicable.
- Work collaboratively with the school administration team to support registration, summer school tuition, and other programs as needed.
- Enter and maintain vendor invoices and data in MIP Fund Accounting system ensuring proper coding and approvals.
- Prepare weekly A/P aging report.
- Issue approved A/P payments and record accordingly and ensure positive pay data is transmitted to bank.
- Maintain complete and updated vendor files and manage the annual 1099 issuance process.
- Answer all vendor related inquires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business from an accredited university/college or 5 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in managing accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- Strong customer service experience in client facing role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of AdminPlus and MIP Fund Accounting preferred.
- Understands and accepts that Cristo Rey is a Catholic Jesuit school primarily dedicated to the development of its student’s spiritual foundation, leadership abilities, and success in college.
- Spanish language proficiency required.
- High value of ethics, dependability, and reliability.
- Adept at building rapport and trust with people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including underrepresented urban youth.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of Cristo Rey, and willingness to participate in adult faith formation.
Job Title: Manager, Student Training and Development
Department: Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP)
Reports to: Vice President, Corporate Work Study Program
A cornerstone of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is its Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). Through partnerships with almost 200 companies/organizations in the Chicagoland area, students work one day per week in an office environment. This educational model enables students to develop career readiness/leadership skills, cultivate a professional network, add real business value, and support the cost to attend a private, college-preparatory, Catholic high school.
The Manager of Student Training and Development is an instructional leader that supports students’ workforce readiness, with the purpose to better prepare them for success in our Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) and in the 21st century knowledge-based workforce. This person will develop and deliver academic curriculum, with a lens towards constantly improving our students’ leadership and professional success.
To be successful in this role, you will bring strong instructional expertise, preferably in an educational setting. You should be eager to stay on the cutting edge of new educational technologies and teaching methods. You are someone who enjoys fostering youth development, interacting with students, and using student data to improve individual and course learning goals.
As a member of the CWSP team, this position also supports the daily operational needs of the work program and the management of a small set of job partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Student Training and Development (90%)
- Collaborate with Vice President and instructional team to design effective student learning experiences. Our curriculum focuses on the mastery of the following competencies within a business context: collaboration, critical thinking, communications, computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite), and professionalism
- Analyze student performance data to prioritize revisions to improve content effectiveness and drive student outcomes
- Evaluate curriculum annually to determine the need to modify and elevate the program to meet corporate partner demands.
- Propose and execute a plan to summarize students’ learning and skills acquired upon completion of course.
- Support the planning and execution of summer programming that provides an opportunity for students to continue their training and learn in-demand job skills.
Account Management (10%)
- Serve as a primary contact for assigned portfolio of job sponsors—this includes making regular phone calls, e-mails, and office visits; updating databases; responding to evaluations.
- Serve as a point person for students and sponsors regarding make-up days and holiday workdays, overseeing the collection of forms and recording of data associated with these days.
- Identify and resolve issues with students and corporate sponsors in a timely manner by engaging staff and leveraging all resources available to the school and work program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college, advanced degree preferred
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective, surface areas for improvement, and prioritize revisions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with particular emphasis on Excel
- Strong strategic aptitude, innovative mindset and thorough in managing tasks
- Understands and accepts that Cristo Rey is a Catholic Jesuit school primarily dedicated to the development of its student’s spiritual foundation, leadership abilities, and success in college
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
Start Date: Immediate or July 2021
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: High School Teacher, Mathematics
Reports to: Principal
Schedule: 10.5 Months
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, a Jesuit, college-preparatory, co-educational school for grades 9-12 seeks a Mathematics teacher. The successful candidate will have a commitment to Catholic education and a willingness to work with a population of diverse learners. The successful Cristo Rey teacher is dedicated to developing the whole person in academics, religious growth, and commitment to others.
The candidate will be responsible for teaching five sections within the Math department, subjects commensurate with experience and staffing needs.
- Minimum of a BA degree in subject area; MA preferred.
- Illinois Professional Educator License preferred (non-licensed applicants must become certified within five years).
- Successful teaching experience at the secondary level.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; familiarity with the goals, objectives, and mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School; the ability to respond effectively to the needs of students.
- Understanding of educational theory and practice.
- Ability to use technology inside and outside the classroom.
- Commitment to working with a diverse student body.
- Familiarity with Spanish language and first-generation students preferred.
- Willingness to collaborate with others.
- Familiarity with current instructional methodologies.
- Classroom management skills.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Cristo Rey Jesuit Volunteers for 2021-22 School Year
Goal of Program
Mission: Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides a Catholic, college preparatory education and professional work experience to students from Spanish speaking families with limited financial means. Vision: The reason for the school's existence is to advance the human and intellectual capacities, as well as the religious and cultural heritage, of the immigrant families it serves. Through its Corporate Work Study Program, faith-based college preparatory education, and Spanish heritage language curriculum, the goal is to prepare students to succeed in college and to assume leadership roles in the civic, religious, business and cultural life of our city and nation. As committed alumni of a Jesuit high school, graduates become men and women for others who are open to growth, religious, intellectually competent, loving, committed to justice, and work experienced.
Type of Placement
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School was established to provide working Latino families of Chicago's Southwest Side with the opportunity to afford a Jesuit, college preparatory education. Started in 1998, the program was founded in response to the extensive needs and limited resources of Cristo Rey. It has grown to be a vital part of the school's efforts in delivering quality, affordable education to our students. Our volunteers demonstrate a commitment to social justice, spiritual and personal growth, and intentional community living - all tenets of our program. Our volunteers give of their gifts and talents to serve the students and families of Cristo Rey in many roles, which could include: teaching, campus ministry, college counseling, coaching, corporate work study, volunteer coordinator, to name a few. They live in intentional community within the neighborhood and benefit from lives committed to reflection and action.
Urban Chicago, IL
Total of 5 volunteers on site in an average year
Recent college graduates who exhibit enthusiasm, drive, commitment to the vision of the school, spiritual depth, a sense of justice, flexibility, love of education, interest in living in community, stamina, compassion for others, and desire to empower youth. In sum, Cristo Rey strives to find a balance between the needs of the school and the particular gifts of each volunteer. There are many needs at Cristo Rey and it doesn't take long for a volunteer to find his or her niche within the school. Most volunteers in the past have found that they serve in the school in the classroom teaching subjects that span the curriculum. They have found their place on the field or on court coaching a wide range of athletic teams. Volunteers have led retreat programs and been heavily involved with campus ministry activities. They have also worked in various offices around school, volunteered their time at fundraising events, counseled, tutored and led many extra-curricular activities including student government, student play.
Stipend: $400/month for living and $200/month for loan repayment or savings for grad school. Upon successful completion of the program, volunteers will receive an additional $2,500 lump sum award. All monies received are subject to payroll taxes. The school provides room and board, utilities, dental and health insurance, car insurance for school vehicles and access to a vehicle for local transportation.
Volunteers live in a local four-bedroom apartment, close to public transportation and within walking distance of the school. Volunteers share all community responsibilities which include cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning and planning spirituality and fun nights. Each week there are 2-3 community dinners and one community night which rotates between mass, spirituality, and fun. The volunteer community is designed to foster a commitment to living simply and examining the sustainability of resources in our lives.
Volunteers are trained in using online grading software; volunteers complete teacher training modules on lesson planning, unit planning, and course planning; discipline, classroom management, and designing assessments.
First weekend of August 2021
Ms. Rocio Juarez at firstname.lastname@example.org