Characteristics of a Cristero
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School considers a variety of factors during the application process. Our application process allows us to get to know students and their families on a personal level in order to make the best admissions decision for each student. Please note that students already accepted at another Catholic high school will not be considered for admission at Cristo Rey. The most important characteristics we are looking for in an incoming freshman are:
- Motivated and mature - Studying AND working as a high school student is not easy, students should show the maturity and motivation to be able to handle both aspects of our curriculum.
- Open to Catholic religious values - While students do not have to be Catholic to attend, they should be open to a faith based education.
- Employable - All students participate in the Corporate Work Study Program and must be eligible to work in the US.
- Earned grades of C or above - Seventh grade and eighth grade grades will be reviewed for admission purposes.
- Of low to moderate income - Because our mission is to provide an education to students who otherwise could not afford a Catholic high school, we look at family income in the admissions process. Families who do NOT qualify for free or reduced lunch should contact the admissions office prior to applying.
- Demonstrated strong discipline and attendance record - Seventh and eighth grade discipline and attendance records will be reviewed for admission purposes.
- Comfortable conversing with adults - Students should be comfortable working with adults in an office environment.
- Able to understand and speak Spanish - Students take two classes in Spanish every year as part of our dual-language program.