Cristo Rey Jesuit High School considers a variety of factors during the application process. Our application process allows us to get to know students and their families on a personal level through our interview process and determine whether Cristo Rey is the best fit. Please note that students already accepted at another Catholic high school, will not be considered for admission at Cristo Rey. The following are the most important characteristics we are looking for in an incoming freshman:
- Motivated and mature - Studying AND working as a high school student is not easy, students should show the maturity and motivation to be able to handle both aspects of our curriculum.
- Open to Catholic religious values - Our Catholic faith guides our curriculum and practices. While students do not have to be Catholic to attend, they should be open to a faith based education.
- Employable - All students participate in the Corporate Work Study Program and must be eligible to work in the US.
- Earned grades of C or above- Seventh grade and eighth grade grades will be reviewed for admission purposes.
- Of low to moderate income- Because our mission is to provide a Catholic option to students who otherwise could not afford a Catholic high school, we do look at family income in the admissions process. Families that do NOT qualify for free or reduced lunch should contact the admissions office prior to applying to determine eligibility.
- Demonstrated strong discipline and attendance record- Seventh and eighth grade discipline and attendance records are a good indication of student maturity and will be reviewed for admission purposes.
- Comfortable conversing with adults - Students are treated like adults at their CWSP jobs and should demonstrate the social capacity to function in an office environment.
- Able to understand and speak Spanish - Students at Cristo Rey take two classes completely in Spanish every year. In order to be successful with our dual-language program, students need to come in already being able to speak and understand Spanish.