Volunteers play a crucial role in advancing the Cristo Rey mission and supporting our student body. With help from volunteers like you, we can better serve our students and our community. Whether you'd like to volunteer for a single event or on an ongoing basis, we have opportunities for you to make a difference.
The Cristo Rey Jesuit Volunteer Program is for recent college graduates looking to serve full time in an educational setting while living in an intentional community centered on faith, social justice, simple living and community.
Jesuit Volunteer Program Information
Based on your skills and experience, we may have opportunities for you to serve the school by supporting one of our existing after school programs for a fall, winter or spring season.
- Coach a sports team: practices are 4 - 6 pm or 5 - 7 pm, Mondays-Fridays. This requires a daily commitment for the 10 - 12 weeks of the season;
- Game day staffing (videotaping, game announcing, stats, concessions, etc.): In these roles you can choose the games that work for you from our team schedules;
- Clubs and activities moderator: meetings are usually once/week either 4 - 5:30 pm or 5 - 6:30 pm;
- Tutor: Homework Center is 3:45 - 4:45 pm, Monday-Friday;
- Service Volunteer: chaperones a service outing once/month from 3:30 - 6:30 pm.
- The Corporate Work Study Office needs volunteers for half-day sessions in the summer to teach basic office skills and etiquette;
- The Athletics Department needs former collegiate athletes willing to come to a practice to either share a motivational story and/or to work with athletes on a specific skill in a one-day clinic scenario;
- Share you career advice at our annual Career Day.