Anchor Fund (CWSP)
Because of the changing landscape of work, the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) will deploy student workers Monday-Thursday each week starting in the 2023-2024 school year. Excitedly, Fridays will become Anchor Days, where the entire student body will be together on campus for the first time in our history. On Fridays, half of our freshman class will receive additional technology, financial, and career development training.
The Anchor Fund will sustain and grow all aspects of this new Anchor Day and related Corporate Work Study Program activities such as:
- Professional training and unique enrichment activities for 75 student trainers on Anchor Day, including fieldtrips and career exploration.
- Expanded student professional development for all grade levels.
- External partnerships with thought leaders such as Code Nation, RUSH Neurobehavioral, the Economic Awareness Council, Prismatic, and Microsoft TEALS.
- Expanded technology needs in new newly built classrooms dedicated to training.
- Support for the cost of education for 75 students who are not deployed to work sites.
- Expansion of the CWSP team to include training specialists.
The Anchor Fund also includes gifts designated to the underwriting of student work placements at local non-profits. Underwriters cover the cost of a job at a non-profit, allowing students to earn a majority of their tuition as they gain work experience, while NPOs benefit from great talent as they work towards community impact.