Cristo Rey Board of Directors is challenging alumni to reach new heights in philanthropy and alumni engagement by issuing an alumni gift challenge match with impressive goals for giving.
Supporting Alumni in College & Beyond
We are proud to offer a unique program which provides support to alumni throughout college in order to ensure post-secondary success by extending education and career support.
Not only do Cristo Rey alumni surpass national averages for attending post-secondary institutions, they persist at rates exceeding their college-bound peers. Over the last five years, 92% of graduates have enrolled in a college or university within a year of graduating. Additionally, 69% of Cristo Rey graduates enrolled in four-year college programs completed them within six years, exceeding the 11% national average for other low-income, first-generation college students. We continue to support our alumni beyond graduation by:
- Assisting college students with course and major selection, academic preparedness workshops
- Advising on alternatives to college programs
- Helping students through the college transfer process
- Assistance with graduate school application process
- Social emotional support throughout the college transition
- Assistance in completing the FAFSA, loan support, and financial assistance through our College Retention Fund
We are excited to announce a new mentorship program for college alumni and recent graduates.
A new Alumni Resource Fair will provide academic and career resources for all alumni, as well as current seniors.