Our goal is to support our alumni well-beyond graduation, by helping them navigate college, career, and more. Alumni resources include:
College advising and counseling such as
- Academic: Course and major selection, academic preparedness workshops, alternatives to college programs, transferring (community college to college) and graduate school
- Financial Aid: Assistance in completing FAFSA, loan support, and financial assistance through our College Retention Emergency Fund
- Social Emotional Support: Difficulty with college transition/identity or locating resources
- Extracurricular, Athletics, and Event Volunteers: We are always looking for alumni to help at our various events during the year.
- Leadership Advisory Council (LAC): The LAC are ambassadors for the Cristo Rey mission through fundraising, spreading our mission, helping with events, and mentorship opportunities.
- Donate: Please consider making a financial contribution to Cristo Rey to help students, who sit where you once did, to have the educational opportunities that will help them throughout and beyond high school.
Please look at our internship and job board on our LinkedIn Group, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School Chicago Alumni.
Do not have a LinkedIn profile? Sign up! LinkedIn is a professional networking site that allows you to build a community of professional connections and allows you to show your education and employment history.
Year Up is a job training program for young adults between the ages of 18-24 who have not obtained a bachelor’s degree. For more information, please visit http://www.yearup.org.
- Must be a Cristo Rey alumni pursuing either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Must have a minimum cumulate GPA of a 2.5 or higher
- Experienced some unexpected change in financial aid that places alum at risk of continuing in their degree program.
- Must be willing to volunteer at Cristo Rey upon being a recipient of the College Retention Emergency Fund
The Cristo Rey Alumni Mentoring Program gives alumni the opportunity to either receive a mentor or serve as a mentor to fellow alumni who need guidance in their transition to college or career. Please see the details and expectations below.
Career Mentoring:The purpose of this program is to help transition alumni to their career. Interested mentees should be Cristo Rey alumni that are juniors or seniors in college, recent college graduates, or those looking to start a new career. Interested mentors should have at least 3-5 years of work experience in their career field. We are currently accepting mentors and mentees on a rolling basis. Please fill out the form and you will be contacted shortly.
College Mentoring: The purpose of this program is ease the transition graduating seniors and recent alumni to college. Mentors can be alumni that are already students at those schools or graduates of those colleges. We are currently in need of mentors. Please fill out the form and you will be contacted soon.