Each year our Girls Volleyball team hosts a Pink Night came for Breast Cancer Awareness. The girls honor and remember their family and friends who are affected by breast cancer. Before the game members of the team shared some words about why this night is important.
9/27/19: Friday night was College Night for the Cristeras! This year the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) was the destination. The trip was fun for all and the team was treated to an exciting match that went a full 5 sets long. They even ran into two Cristo Rey Alumni who recently made the UIC Men’s Volleyball Team. This is very exciting news for our volleyball programs! While our school is dedicated to preparing students to attend and excel in college, it is extra special when we see that they are able to compete in athletics at the collegiate level.
The 2019 season allowed the Girls Volleyball team to travel to Indianapolis where they played a friendly match against our sister school, Providence Cristo Rey, enjoyed fellowship over lunch and spent some time seeing the sights.
Cristeras reign supreme! Following two years of conference dominance by Holy Trinity, the Girls Volleyball Team brought the title back to Cristo Rey, winning their second Chicago Prep Conference tournament championship in four years. Led by tournament MVP FR Leticia Cortes and secured by outstanding front court play by SR Annie Contreras, the Cristeras won the first and third sets to beat the #1 seed Northtown Pumas. Way to go Cristeras!
- First day of practice registration requirements: Fully REGISTERED with an UP TO DATE PHYSICAL on file. If you are uncertain whether or not your registration is complete, contact Jennifer Swanson BEFORE the first day of practice.
- Practices are Monday-Friday in the gym from 4 - 6PM
- Gear: athletic shorts or pants, t-shirt, athletic shoes, knee pads (if you have them), water bottle AND A MASK.
- Masks must be worn at all times for any team playing or practicing indoors.
- Check Teams for important communications from Coaches