Exploring New Possibilities
The College Counseling Office works one-on-one with students and their families throughout all four years of Cristo Rey. The majority of our students are the first in their families to attend college, therefore we coach both parents and students on the college application process and the college experience.
Our counselors work with students to identify colleges that match their interests and strengths. College counselors offer guidance on college planning, the college application process, ACT and SAT Testing, financial aid, scholarships, and summer enrichment programs. Each year, we host an average of 75 college admission representatives as well as two college fairs, attended by the entire student population.
In support of our college-going culture, we offer a Summer Enrichment Program Fund, which grants student the opportunity to attend summer programs that they otherwise could not afford. Across the country and around the world, our students participate in programs that challenge and inspire them – opening up new possibilities for their future. In fact, since 2012, 90% of alumni who have participated in a summer program while attending Cristo Rey, are currently enrolled in or gradated from a degree granting institution.
College Counseling Services for Our Students Include:
- Individual meetings throughout the school year to discuss the importance of college enrollment and college readiness.
- College visits and the opportunity to meet with college students.
- Guidance in identifying a variety of colleges that match the strengths and interest of the student.
- Weekly notifications on college scholarship opportunities.
- College essay and application review.
- Guidance on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other financial aid.
- Parent meetings to discuss their child's college choice and cost for college.