We provide professional individual counseling services to students while creating a safe, caring and supportive environment. The counseling department aims to breakdown the stigma that surrounds mental health and we promote self-care to students.
We teach students strategies to help them understand and cope with issues that may come up during adolescence. We are committed to identifying, processing, and addressing the individual needs of our students, whether they be personal and/or academic. Cristo Rey recognizes that every student is different, therefore we work in partnership with each student to design customized goals based on his or her unique needs.
Counseling Resources Include:
- One-on-one short-term and goal-focused counseling
- Academic counseling including goal-setting and problem solving
- Personal and social development
- Vocational guidance
- Support groups
- Meditation (including alternative counseling practices like art therapy)
- Counseling workshops for students and staff
- Counseling referrals & community resources
- Crisis counseling
- Counseling seminars in partnership with academic classes
- Early intervention
- Referrals, recommendations, and education to parents about mental health concerns
- Teaching coping skills to help with school or community-related violence, accidents, and trauma