Martin & Patricia Burns Scholarship (OPEN)
*For students who have a parent working in a union jobThe Burns Scholarship is designated for students with a parent who is a member of a union. A “union” is an organized group of local workers who come together to advocate for their work conditions, such as wages, benefits, rules etc.
Eligibility and Obligations
- Have at least one parent who is a member of a union – ATU 308 & 241 preferably, but all others are accepted
- Demonstrate financial need
- Preference increases with class year (seniors/juniors vs. sophomores/freshmen)
- Maintain a “C” average to get scholarship renewed
- Write occasional thank-you letters
- Meet with the Burns Family if they visit Cristo Rey
How to Apply
- Submit the online application below
- Submit a copy of your parent's union membership to Mr. Crossett in the Advancement Office
- Please see Mr. Crossett in the Advancement Office BEFORE applying.
Up to $2,000; renewable each year
Friday, September 13th