Summer Service & Justice Programs
Looking back at the phrase “Men and Women for Others”, I realize the deeper meaning that underlines it. The objective of a person’s life is to help others in every way as possible. By doing so, we represent Jesus Christ’s teaching about caring for our neighbors. I would have never understood this meaning if I had not experienced moments ... at Jerusalem Farm, [which] helped me shape into a better person.
-Henry Espinoza Class of 2017
Pre-trip Meeting dates
- Monday, March 7 @ 4-5 PM
- Monday, March 21 @4-5:30 PM
- Monday, April 4 @ 4- 5:30 PM
- Parent Meeting @5:30-6:00 PM
- Monday, April 25 @ 4-5:30 PM
- Monday, May 23 @ 4 PM
- Post-Trip Meeting in August TBD
Jesuit Global Activism Leadership Summit 2022
What if you could share your unique experience in your community in Chicago as a Latin@/e/x to your peers across the world? What if you can find ways to collaborate with a group of diverse students with different experiences than yours to find solutions to global and local challenges together?
Join a global conversation with High School students from Jesuit Schools in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania!
The program will include:
- A free, virtual experience during the Summer 2022 on July 23, 25, 27, 29, 30 for 2 hours each day
- Presentations by expert speakers on the Jesuit Univeral Apostolic Preferences and United Nation's Sustainable Developement Goals to strive to understand how youth plays an important role in advancing humanity's well-being
- Group work within a diverse cohort of students led by past participants of the 2021 Summit
- Creating an action plan that addresses the group's chosen Sustainable Developement Goal in each of the communities being represented by the students involved.
- Final group presentations!
If you would like to attend, or are interested in learning more please reach out to Ms. Rocio Juarez on Teams.
Become a water protector!
The THEA Summer Institute is for rising juniors and seniors in high school. The Theology of Healing Earth in Action Institute takes place at Loyola University Chicago in the summer with classes focused on the theme of earth's sacred water. Courses revolve around exploring scriptures, theological traditions, social justice and scholarship, with opportunities for service and field work around the city.
Who can participate?
High school students who will be a junior or senior in high school as of Fall 2022 are invited to apply. Sophomores are also welcome to apply, but priority will be given to juniors and seniors.
Is there a program fee?
Yes, $100 (for CR students)
Some important information to keep in mind:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. While our deadline is noted below, we highly recommend applying at your earliest convenience.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2022
First Deposit: Due Within Two Weeks of Admittance to THEA ($50)
- Final Payment: Due May 1st, 2022
Ready to apply? Visit 2022 Summer THEA Institute Application (luc.edu) to get your application in!